BioSTEP® Septic Tank Effluent Pumping System
Robust, Low-Maintenance Wastewater Transfer
BioSTEP® screened pumping systems are versatile “Septic Tank Effluent Pumping” packages designed for on lot equipment to transfer screened liquids in numerous small-diameter, decentralized collection applications. Each pre-packaged BioSTEP® combines proven, low-maintenance components with unique, engineered features to create a Collection System solution that is innovative, less disruptive, and more economical for a wide variety of design needs.
BioSTEP makes it easier to design an effluent sewer system for an entire community. We can assist you with designing the hydraulic grade lines, selecting pump systems and packages, transport line sizing, and any other key details for successful effluent sewer design.
The BioSTEP® “Septic Tank Effluent Pumping” packages (consisting of an interceptor tank and a BioSTEP® screened pumping package per home), along with an alternative wastewater treatment system (such as MicroFAST® or MyFAST®) reduce installation time, material requirements, and construction costs for new neighborhood developments or community redevelopment.
Additionally, The BioSTEP® can help overcome site-related limitations: small lot sizes, poor soil conditions, urban growth, or challenges with terrain. The BioSTEP® needs no lift stations or other manholes to construct while maintaining a “sewer-like” feel.
- Permits more lots per acre (compared with individual, conventional septic systems and traditional drainfields)
- Reduces overall cost of installing and maintaining a community collection system
- Allows developers to permit homes more quickly in phases instead of waiting for the neighborhood completion!
Unique Design Features Offer a STEP Up in Maintenance
Once installed, BioSTEP® screened pumping systems:
- designed to be cleaned in place – no removal of any components
- utilize the patented SaniTEE® screening technology to screen
- deflects solids, rather than the capture/clog method like other filtering technologies
- uses easy-pull-cleaning swab handle is used to maintain the exterior and flush out the angled slots.
Additionally, the new ScumGuard® acts as a shield to protect each BioSTEP® from oil-laden scum (FOG) and provides flexible, uniform installation options for most tank, manhole, and riser configurations.
BioSTEP® Product Brochures
BioSTEP® Drawing and Specifications
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification
CSA International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. CSA testing is accepted by key conformity assessment organizations in the U.S. including IAPMO and ASSE. Tested and meets applicable standards for safety and/or performance, including the applicable standards written or administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), National Sanitation Foundation International (NSF), and others.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”)
The European (EN) standards by adopting universal requirements to cover all of Europe and promote the free movement of goods within Europe. When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing Services
Evaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories). Periodic checks are performed to assure consistent compliance of the product and in compliance with both Canadian and U.S. requirements.
- All FAST® – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST® – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical Standards
The Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST® – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to recieved the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Awards and Memberships
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year, presented by the Gov. of Kansas, Sam Brownback
- 2011 Frost and Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection (EPOnline)
- 2010 and 2009 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year Finalist – Kansas Cavalry/Kansas Dept of Commerce
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost and Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2010 Associate Member – Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Gold Member BBP – National Onsite Water Recycling Association (NOWRA)