FOGHog® (Fats, Oils, & Grease) Traps
Capturing FOG with FOGHog® Grease Traps
Fats, oils and greases (FOG) from restaurants, pubs, lounges, resorts, lodges and club houses are best managed at the source before entering either the city sewer system or an onsite wastewater treatment system. Typically installed under the counter, FOGHog® allows time for the warm liquid grease to separate, cool to solid form, and collect for removal, prior to it entering a treatment system. Made of 100% corrosion-resistant polyethylene and allows for components to remove easily for cleaning, the FOGHog® retains floatable substances, including: fats, oils, grease, soaps (lanolin) and waxes.
NOTE: Maintenance of grease traps and interceptors should be performed on a regular basis and grease should always be disposed of properly.
These FOGHog® (Fats, Oils, and Grease) grease traps are lightweight,durable, and noncorrosive with an operator-friendly interceptor design. PDI and IAPMO certified, the FOGHog® removes more than 80% – 95% of the fats, oils and grease from commercial kitchen sink wastewater. The FOGHog® can easily be installed under the counter or prior to a treatment system in flows of 20 gal/min (75 L/min) to 100 gal/min (378 L/min) in the commercial kitchens of restaurants, cafeterias, motels, hotels, and/or other institutions where food is prepared.
Why use a Grease Trap?
Restaurant grease trap regulations have become a top priority in recent years as attempts to ensure environmental standards are met. Depending on the type of food establishment, Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) are poured down drains for disposal. These substances solidify in plumbing parts and can disrupt flow and treatment processes. The goal of a grease trap or interceptor is to reduce the discharge of oil and grease, thus minimize the potential harm to treatment plants, and/or possible business interruptions from “back ups” in the facility.
Determine the flow rate of each sink:
1. Calculate the capacity of the sink in cubic inches, or length x width x depth = _____ cu. in.
2. Convert the capacity from cubic inches to gallons per minute (GPM), or cu. in./231 = _____ GPM.
3. Adjust for displacement,
or _____ GPM x .75 = _____ GPM.
4. The result is the flow rate required to drain the sink in one minute.
Other applications for FOGHog® include fast-food chains, diners, bakeries, butcher shops, delicatessens, slaughter and packing houses, soap factories, dairies and food processing plants.
- Proven grease removal process retains more than 95% of all floatable substances, including fats, oils, greases, soaps and waxes.
- Lid and internal baffles remove easily for cleaning
- Made of 100% corrosion-resistant polyethylene
- FOGHog®’s engineered design creates a durable, but lightweight plastic structure that reduces shipping costs and simplifies installation.
FOGHog® Product Manuals
FOGHog® Downloads and Specifications
|Unit Size||Flow Rate||Required Grease Capacity||Shipping Weight||File Type|
|FOG HOG® 20g||20 GPM (76 LPM)||40 lbs.||39 lbs.||DXF PDF|
|FOG HOG® 35g||35 GPM (132 LPM)||70 lbs.||42 lbs.||DXF PDF|
|FOG HOG® 50g||50 GPM (189 LPM)||100 lbs.||48 lbs.||DXF PDF|
|FOG HOG® 75g||75 GPM (284 LPM)||150 lbs.||60 lbs.||DXF PDF|
|FOG HOG® 100g||100 GPM (378 LPM)||200 lbs.||66 lbs.||DXF PDF|
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe’s FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
Image Gallery & Case Studies
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of BioMicrobics:
FOGHog® Fat Oil & Grease Interceptor FH-20 & FH-50 – PDI (Plumbing & Drainage Institute) Certified – PDI is a manufacturing association of plumbing products, such as grease interceptors and drainage specialties. PDI promotes the advancement of innovative plumbing products through research, product requirements, and publicity. PDI preserves testing equipment in independent testing laboratories to assure compliance with Standard PDI-WH201 and, for grease interceptors, Standard PDI-G101.
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which BioMicrobics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to receive the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2017 North American “Integrated Water Treatment Technology Leadership” Award, Frost & Sullivan
- 2017 Top 10 Green Building Products, BuildingGreen, Inc.- d-Rain Joint™ Device
- 2016 President’s “E Star” Award * 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by President of the United States, presented by US Dept of Commerce
- 2015 Ingenuity Award Winner, Ingenuity Central @ K-State Olathe, Ingenuity Central (IC) showcases innovative companies that exemplify the newest thinking driving our community & growing our economy.
- 2015 Innovation in Marine Environmental Technology Offshore Excellence Award, based on environmental impact with marine sanitation devices and technology.
- 2014 “BEST of GreenBuild” Editor’s Choice Award, U.S. Builder’s Review, “Creating Better Water Treatment Solutions for a Better World…“article.
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by the U.S. President, presented by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year, presented by the Governor of Kansas
- 2011 North American Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2011 New Product of the Year Award (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2002 U.S. Export Achievement Certificate, US Dept. of Commerce, US & Foreign Commercial Service
- 2000 U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Innovator Award – U.S. EPA, Region 1 – SeptiTech® Technology