MarineFAST® Marine Sanitation Devices (MSDs)
MarineFAST® Wastewater Treatment Systems are commonly referred to as a Type II (two) MSD biological (aerobic digestion) treatment system. The Type II MSD systems are powerful, flow-through discharge devices tested in conditions described in 33 CFR 159.121. MarineFAST® Marine Sewage Treatment Marine and offshore sewage treatment systems built to handle extreme environments. All MarineFAST® (Fixed Activated Sludge Treatment) units are fully certified by US Coast Guard under U.S. and IMO regulations.
The LX-Series – This new economical, lightweight and modular design is ideal for small commercial vessels. It is strong, corrosion-resistant and will fit under the stairway of a tug engine room.
HOW IT WORKS:
The M- & MX-Series – Modular, steel units will handle crews of up to 60 persons and will fit into shaft alleys and other spaces with low headroom and restricted access. The MX are assembled versions of the M-Series; these compact package units are ideal for workboats, dredges, offshore vessels and structures, and other commercial vessels.
HOW IT WORKS:
The DV-Series – For larger crews, these flexible designs offer the ultimate in strength, corrosion resistance and performance. They are available in bolt-together modular form for installation aboard existing vessels, such as ferries, off-shore platforms and ore carriers.
FAST® Conversions – Navy Containment Holding Tanks (CHT) and other sewage holding tanks can be converted into flow-through FAST® systems capable of meeting the most stringent discharge standards.
MarineFAST® Sizing and Specifications
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
Certified Marine Wastewater Treatment Systems
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to email@example.com.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of BioMicrobics:
- MarineFAST® – Australian Dept of Transportation & Royal Australian Navy
- MarineFAST® – CGL (Canadian Great Lakes)
Issued by the Canadian Coast Guard, related to the IMO, RAN and U.S. Coast Guard approvals in that it is a maritime certification for FAST® treatment technology on ships traveling in the certain bodies of water and in this case the Great Lakes.
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification
CSA International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. CSA testing is accepted by key conformity assessment organizations in the U.S. including IAPMO and ASSE. Tested and meets applicable standards for safety and/or performance, including the applicable standards written or administered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), National Sanitation Foundation International (NSF), and others.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”)
The European (EN) standards by adopting universal requirements to cover all of Europe and promote the free movement of goods within Europe. When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market.
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing Services
Evaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories). Periodic checks are performed to assure consistent compliance of the product and in compliance with both Canadian and U.S. requirements.
- MarineFAST® – IMO – International Maritime Organization
Since the establishment of the United Nations, an international body has promoted maritime safety more effectively. IMO adopted a new version of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), focusing on facilitating international maritime traffic, the transportation of dangerous goods, and load lines. The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) now sets international standards for seafarers. STCW requires information to be available to allow others to check the validity of seafarers certificates of competency to prevent danger to others on board, the marine environment and themselves.
- All FAST® – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST® – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical Standards
The Saudi Arabian Standards Organization approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST® – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
- MarineFAST® – U.S. Coast Guard/NMC (National Maritime Center) Technology Approval
In compliance with the STCW amendments adopted by IMO, demonstration of skills, teamwork procedures, and continuous monitoring of training skills are continuously monitored. The NMC is a part of the US Coast Guard that preserves awareness among the public and marine and environmental industries by communicating Coast Guard regulatory activities and policy guidelines. NMC functions nationally and internationally to start and carryout various marine safety programs.
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which BioMicrobics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to receive the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Awards and Memberships
- 2017 North American “Integrated Water Treatment Technology Leadership” Award, Frost & Sullivan
- 2017 Top 10 Green Building Products, BuildingGreen, Inc.- d-Rain Joint™ Device
- 2016 President’s “E Star” Award * 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by President of the United States, presented by US Dept of Commerce
- 2015 Ingenuity Award Winner, Ingenuity Central @ K-State Olathe, Ingenuity Central (IC) showcases innovative companies that exemplify the newest thinking driving our community & growing our economy.
- 2015 Innovation in Marine Environmental Technology Offshore Excellence Award, based on environmental impact with marine sanitation devices and technology.
- 2014 “BEST of GreenBuild” Editor’s Choice Award, U.S. Builder’s Review, “Creating Better Water Treatment Solutions for a Better World…“article.
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by the U.S. President, presented by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year, presented by the Governor of Kansas
- 2011 North American Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2011 New Product of the Year Award (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2002 U.S. Export Achievement Certificate, US Dept. of Commerce, US & Foreign Commercial Service
- 2000 U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Innovator Award – U.S. EPA, Region 1 – SeptiTech® Technology