BioSTORM® Stormwater Treatment Systems
Pre-engineered stormwater treatment system removes trash, sediment, oil and other pollutants from stormwater runoff. The BioSTORM®’s unique off-line design consists of a patented StormTEE® self-cleaning deflector screen and a modular separation/coalescing unit, all housed in readily-available precast concrete tanks. The versatility of the system allows components to be used separately for different applications, or together to form a complete BioSTORM system. Various sizes are available depending on local site and environmental considerations.
Whether a light rain, or a heavy storm, BioSTORM’s retention of pollutants remains consistent. The unique design of the system does not rely on velocity of flow/particles to maintain high levels of liquid/solids separation. When the system is sized within proper design capacity, BioSTORM maintains consistently high- level removal of particulates, regardless of surge flows or particle velocities. In the event of heavy stormwater flows beyond design capacity, excess water bypasses BioSTORM assuring full flow of water through the storm sewer. Even while the excess flow is bypassing the system, BioSTORM continues to capture pollutants and treat incoming flow at full design capacity.
BioSTORM maintenance is very easy. Simply remove the manhole covers from each tank, insert the vacuum hose and start pumping out the oil floating inside the BioSTORM separation module. Once the oil is removed, pump out the solids from each tank or compartment. When the StormTEE® deflector screen is used, swiftly raise and lower the internal swab to dislodge any debris that may be stuck to the screen.
This pre-engineered stormwater treatment system removes trash, sediment, oil and other suspended solids efficiently & effectively – more than 90% removal rate! Maintains the treatment performance regardless of hydraulic surge flows in a unique modular design to provide efficient liquid to solids and oil to water separation. The easy to install and maintain system is ideal for pre-cast concrete tanks and only requires periodic removal of debris in the trash tank(s).
BioSTORM® Available Sizes
|BioSTORM® 0.5||0.5 CFS||(14 LPS)|
|BioSTORM® 1.0||1 CFS||(28 LPS)|
|BioSTORM® 1.5||1.5 CFS||(42 LPS)|
|BioSTORM® 3.0||3 CFS||(85 LPS)|
|BioSTORM® 5.0||5 CFS||(142 LPS)|
|BioSTORM® 10||10 CFS||(283 LPS)|
BioSTORM® Product Brochure
BioSTORM® downloads and Specifications
|Unit Size||Flow Capacity||StormTEE Diameter||Internal Piping Diameter||File Type|
|BioSTORM® 0.5||0.5 CFS (225 GPM or 851 LPM)||
|BioSTORM® 1.0||1 CFS (450 GPM or 1703 LPM)||
|BioSTORM® 1.5||1.5 CFS (675 GPM or 2554 LPM)||
|BioSTORM® 3.0||3 CFS (1350 GPM or 5109 LPM)||
|BioSTORM® 5.0||5 CFS (2250 GPM or 8516 LPM)||
|BioSTORM® 10.0||10 CFS (4500 GPM or 17032 LPM)||
(2) 16 inch
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to email@example.com.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- LEED SS Credit 6.1-6.2: Stormwater Design – Quality Control Testing BioSTORM® Stormwater Quality Statement: BioSTORM® Stormwater Treatment system demonstrates 90% Removal Efficiency of the TSS removal capabilities with silica sand particle size distribution closer to the NJDEP sizing (current stormwater guidelines). As Stormwater regulations continue to emerge, the BioSTORM® is proving to be highly effective at managing storm water runoff.
- All FAST® – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST® – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- BioSTORM® All sizes – Russia – CPT Certification of Russian Standards –
- All FAST® – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to receive the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2017 North American “Integrated Water Treatment Technology Leadership” Award, Frost & Sullivan
- 2017 Top 10 Green Building Products, BuildingGreen, Inc.- d-Rain Joint™ Device
- 2016 President’s “E Star” Award * 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by President of the United States, presented by US Dept of Commerce
- 2015 Ingenuity Award Winner, Ingenuity Central @ K-State Olathe, Ingenuity Central (IC) showcases innovative companies that exemplify the newest thinking driving our community & growing our economy.
- 2015 Innovation in Marine Environmental Technology Offshore Excellence Award, based on environmental impact with marine sanitation devices and technology.
- 2014 “BEST of GreenBuild” Editor’s Choice Award, U.S. Builder’s Review, “Creating Better Water Treatment Solutions for a Better World…“article.
- 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by the U.S. President, presented by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year, presented by the Governor of Kansas
- 2011 North American Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2011 New Product of the Year Award (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the U.S. Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2002 U.S. Export Achievement Certificate, US Dept. of Commerce, US & Foreign Commercial Service
- 2000 U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Innovator Award – U.S. EPA, Region 1 – SeptiTech® Technology