d-Rain Joint™ Rainwater Filter Drain
Pavement Filtration for Onsite Rainwater Management
As a Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS), the d-Rain Joint™ is a simple, low-cost, and robust onsite storm water management alternative compared to other permeable, pervious surface options and can be used wherever a permeable, pervious driveway, parking lot, street or walkway is needed. The use of traditional pavement with the d-Rain Joint™ provides both permeability AND filtration at a lower installed cost!
The d-Rain Joint™ system is a drainage channel composed of prefabricated devices permitting the collection and conveyance of water along its total length for impervious surfaces. These d-Rain Joint™ devices allow the use of traditional concrete, asphalt or other paver-type materials to construct a high-performing permeable, pervious surface system to put filtered rainwater in the underneath gravel detention area of the pavement; thus, increasing the usable surface, eliminating costly storm water infrastructure or potential pollution hazards to urban ecosystems.
Rainwater Filtration Device Products include:
- d-Rain Joint™ 6061-T6 (Aluminum)
- NEW! d-Rain Joint™ PPIC (Grey Plastic)
Easy to install like a standard expansion joint and virtually undetectable between concrete slabs, the ADA-compliant d-Rain Joint™ 6061-T6 (aluminum) and the new d-Rain Joint™ PPIC (flexible plastic) drainage channel system is less than 1” wide and available on 8’ lengths. The channel-inserted filter captures sediment to ensure continued effectiveness of the system at a maximum rate of 5 GPM/linear foot.
The product is highly durable and gives stormwater a path to a subsurface drainage bed. This provides an outlet for surface water to be directed to a drainage bed and collected and held or allowed to percolate back into the soil to conform to environmental conservation and protection requirements.
The d-Rain Joint™ PPIC Device is stackable to 4”, 6”, and 8” height for patio installations to heavy traffic pavements.
Advantages of the d-Rain Joint™
- Cost-effective. Adds nominal costs to standard pour-in-place surfaces.
- Easy installation. Installs using standard practices and equipment.
- Low-maintenance. Simply clean or replace filter.
- Immediate storage capacity. With aggregate type/depth tailored for local needs.
- Strength and durability. Safe for heavy vehicles and snow removal.
- Treats stormwater onsite. Environmentally sound option to contain runoff onsite.
How the d-Rain Joint™ Benefits You
How the d-Rain Joint™ Benefits You
- Reduces the size of, and need for, retention ponds.
- Retains and filters water onsite.
- Little to no added water in the stormwater system.
- System and product are tunable to meet any site design requirements.
Homebuilders and Remodelers.
The d-Rain Joint™ is simple and cost-effective to spec and install. It offers a simple way to adhere to stormwater runoff requirements.
Concrete Suppliers and Contractors.
The d-Rain Joint™ can be installed during the form and pour process by utilizing standard equipment, tools, and procedures.
HUD/Government. The d-Rain Joint™ offers an ecologically and economically responsible solution.
Homeowner. The d-Rain Joint™ uses standard tools and installation procedures, giving homeowners a simple, green alternative for hard surfaces. Very little maintenance is required.
Commercial/Industrial/Institutional. The d-Rain Joint™ can easily be applied to commercial applications offering the benefits of permeable drive and park areas for less cost.
AIA Architect/Landscape Architects. Because the d-Rain Joint™ has a similar visual impact to standard expansion joint, it offers an eco-friendly solution with little to no visual impact on the overall design.
Engineer/Surveyor. The d-Rain Joint™ uses simple, standard computations for determining stormwater storage and filtration solutions.
Municipality Planners. The d-Rain Joint™ is an eco-friendly, cost-effective solution for solving stormwater runoff issues.
d-Rain Joint™ Product Brochures
d-Rain Joint™ Manuals & Test Data
d-Rain Joint™ Drawing and Specifications
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
[INTERVIEW] IBS Video: new concrete joint manages storm water runoff
At the 2016 International Builders’ Show, Brooke Edwards, sales engineer for Bio-Microbics, reviewed the company’s new d-Rain Joint™ product that provides a cost-effective method for creating permeable, pervious surfaces.
It was developed to satisfy a permeable, pervious driveway requirement while addressing LEED and NAHB greenbuilding guidelines. It has a moderate installation cost and a very low life cycle cost compared to other permeable, pervious surface options. Its simple and unique design allows the use of traditional concrete, asphalt, or paver materials to construct a highly performing, permeable, pervious surface system and provide groundwater recharge opportunities.
Advantages of the d-Rain Joint™
- Cost-effective – Adds nominal costs to standard pour-in-place surfaces.
- Easy installation – Installs using standard practices and equipment.
- Low-maintenance – Simply clean or replace filter.
- Immediate storage capacity – With aggregate type/depth tailored for local needs.
- Strength and durability – Safe for heavy vehicles and snow removal.
- Treats stormwater onsite – Environmentally sound option to contain runoff onsite.
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to email@example.com.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which Bio-Microbics installed a Wastewater Treatment System for analysis of performance:
- Massachusetts Title 5 General Use – The first system described as an “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” to recieved the General Use Approval rating for Nitrogen Reduction
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV), B.C., Canada
- La Pine, OR
- Burnette, WA
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award (USA) for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor Exporter of the Year
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)