MicroFAST® Wastewater Treatment Systems
Dependable, Affordable…FITT® for the Purpose Intended
MicroFAST® wastewater treatment systems are designed for residential strength wastewater in eight specific sizes based on daily wastewater usage. Finding the right FAST® system for your project can be as simple as knowing the residential flow from the source of the wastewater.
Finding the right size… Designing Your FAST® System
On average, each bedroom is assigned a value for the number of GPD of wastewater it will contribute into the overall treatment system.
MicroFAST® Available Sizing
To download the FAST® Product brochure, FAST® Manuals, or System drawings, please click on the TECHNICAL DOWNLOADS tab.
MicroFAST® Product Manuals
MicroFAST® Drawing and Specifications (Residential Small Systems)
MicroFAST® Drawing and Specifications (Residential Multi-Family)
PLEASE NOTE: In order to open the zipped CAD version, you must have zip compression software, such as WinZip or QuickZip. In order to view the CAD (.dxf) file, you must have installed CAD viewing software, Release 12 or newer. The PDF format can be viewed by installing Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.0 or newer). Click on the images to the right to download either Adobe’s FREE Acrobat Reader or QuickZip.
What, specifically, are the advantages of FAST® over conventional technologies on the market today?
In a conventional septic system, about 10%-40% of the treatment occurs in the tank, leaving a majority of the work to be done by the soil in the lateral field; whereas, the FAST® system does 95%-99% of the treatment to keep the “friendly” bacteria alive and thriving to remove organic material, pollutants, and viruses out of the wastewater.
MicroFAST® is an aerobic wastewater treatment system that utilizes a completely submerged fixed film process along with a passive recycle system that has the advantages of a fixed film system without pumped recirculation or the drying of the bacterial growth on the media. The pre-engineered, fixed-film media never needs changing or cleaning; and, prevents the bacteria from being flushed out with the clean effluent during times of peak usage – which often happens with other types of septic systems.
Properly sized and installed, the FAST® system is proven to remove 70+% Nitrogen (NSF/ANSI Standard 245 certified) from the effluent. The only moving part of the FAST® system is the above-grade blower (which can be placed up to 100 feet away!).
- Onsite Wastewater System Helped Earn City’s Award
- Dubai Labor Camp Not Worried About Water
- Septic shouldn’t be a Nightmare for a Dream Home
- KSFA Onsite Systems Classroom Training
[VIDEO CREDIT] Zeiter’s Septic Unlimited, Inc. installing MicroFAST 0.5 Wastewater Treatment System in Illinois.
Our products are certified to the highest national and international standards in our industry. If you require additional certification marks, etc, please e-mail your request to email@example.com.
USA and International Product Certifications
The list below is a summary of a few certifications received for the products of Bio-Microbics:
- MicroFAST® 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.5 – NSF/ANSI Standard 40, Class 1 Certified-Standard 40 is for residential wastewater treatment systems having rated capacities between 400 gallons (1514 Liters) and 1500 gallons (5678 Liters) per day. Approved products have completed a six month (26 week) test where wastewater of required strength is introduced to the system at its rated capacity. Stress sequences are included to simulate wash day, working parent, power outage, and vacation conditions. The effluent criteria required is based on the U.S. EPA secondary effluent treatment requirements for municipal treatment facilities.
- MicroFAST® 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.5 – NSF/ANSI Standard 245 (Nitrogen Reduction) Certified– Technologies testing against Standard 245 must either be Standard 40 certified or be evaluated against Standard 40 at the same time an evaluation is being carried out for Standard 245, as both tests can be run concurrently. The standard is set up to evaluate systems having rated capacities between 400 gallons and 1500 gallons per day. A treatment system must meet Standard 40 effluent criteria as well as reduce the influent TKN by at least 50%.
- MicroFAST® 0.5, 0.75, 0.9, 1.5 – NSF/ANSI tested for bacterial reduction of fecal coliform
- All Control Panels – CSA (Canadian Standards Association) Electrical Certification – CSA International and the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI), the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI), Health Canada, provincial regulators, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to promote standards for consumer safety in North America and around the world. Tested to standards for safety and/or performance.
- All Control Panels – CE – European Electrical Systems (including a “Tropical Certification Rating”) When products have been shown to meet the essential requirements of the directive or EN standard the product is available for sale anywhere in the European market..
- All Control Panels – ETL and RoHS Compliant – Intertek Testing ServicesEvaluated and meets the standard equivalent to the requirements set by Intertek and equivalent to UL (Underwriter’s Laboratories).
- All FAST® – Poland – Aprobata Techniczna (Technology Approval) ze Instytut Ochrony Srodowiska (Institute of Environmental Protection)
- All FAST® – Russia – (Federal Service of Environmental Protection) Technology Approval
- All Control Panels – SASO (Saudi Arabian Standards Organization) Electrical Standards Approves national standards and measurements for all commodities and products, methods of sampling, inspection and testing, in addition to other assignments resolved by SASO Board of Directors in the Kingdom.
- All FAST® – U.K. – United Kingdom Department of Trade
Independent Third-Party Testing
Verification programs/locations in which a Bio-Microbics FAST®, BioBarrier®, or SeptiTech® system was installed for analysis of performance:
- NSF International testing and evaluation for Standard 40, 245, and 350
- US EPA Environmental Technology Verification Program (ETV)
- Massachusetts Title 5 “Innovative and Alternative (I/A) System” Technologies Listed under “General Use Permit for Nitrogen Reduction”, “Provisional Use,” & “Remedial Use”
- Florida OWNRS (Onsite Wastewater Nitrogen Reduction Study) Phases I and II
- New Mexico State/New Mexico University
- University of Rhode Island
- Buzzards Bay, MA
- Ventura County, CA
- La Pine, OR
- Burnett, WA
Recent Business and Technology Awards
- 2012 President’s “E” Award (USA) for Excellence in Exports
- 2011 Kansas Governor’s “Exporter of the Year”
- 2011 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets)
- 2011 New Product of the Year (Recycling) – BioBarrier® MBR System – Environmental Protection Magazine (EPOnline)
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan
- 2009 Exporter of the Year Award, Environmental – ThinkGlobal / Commercial News USA (Official publication of the US Dept. of Commerce)
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ)
- 2000 U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Innovator Award – U.S. EPA, Region 1 – SeptiTech® Technology