Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Bio-Microbics? Send your question here. You may see it posted here in the future:
Do advanced wastewater systems perform as well as a centralized sewer system?
A properly installed and maintained Wastewater Treatment System constructed from high quality products is an efficient, safe and effective method of purifying wastewater. In a major 1997 report to Congress, the federal EPA stated that properly maintained onsite wastewater treatment systems (septic systems) were a fully viable cost-effective alternative to sewer systems.
When was the FAST® product first introduced? How long has Bio-Microbics been in business?
The FAST® technology has been on the market since the early 1970s through St. Louis Ship and FAST® Systems owned by Smith and Loveless, Inc., a municipal wastewater conglomerate since 1946. Bio-Microbics has been in business since 1996 with the purpose of using the FAST® technology in the on-site industry. Since that time, the FAST® Product line has grown to include MicroFAST®, RetroFAST®, HighstrengthFAST®, NitriFAST®, and MyFAST®, as well as the original, MarineFAST®. With over 50,000 installations in over 60 countries, the Bio-Microbics Fixed Integrated Treatment Technologies (FITT®) are used in many different wastewater treatment applications from single-family homes, resorts, commercial properties, schools, and marine vessels to stormwater management…FITT® for the purpose intended.
What, specifically, are the advantages of FAST® over conventional technologies on the market today?
In a conventional septic system, about 10%-40% of the treatment occurs in the tank, leaving a majority of the work to be done by the soil in the lateral field; whereas, the FAST® system does 95%-99% of the treatment to keep the “friendly” bacteria alive and thriving to remove organic material, pollutants, and viruses out of the wastewater. The pre-engineered, fixed-film media never needs changing or cleaning; and, prevents the bacteria from being flushed out with the clean effluent during times of peak usage – which often happens with other types of septic systems. FAST® is an aerobic wastewater treatment system that utilizes a completely submerged fixed film process along with a passive recycle system that has the advantages of a fixed film system without pumped recirculation or the drying of the bacterial growth on the media. Properly sized and installed, the FAST® system is proven to remove 70+% Nitrogen (NSF/ANSI Standard 245 certified) from the effluent. The only moving part of the FAST® system is the above ground, aerating blower (which can be placed up to 100 feet away!), so the system is virtually maintenance free!
Do you provide warranties or guarantees for this product?
Bio-Microbics, Inc. provides a 2-year warranty for each new system against any defects in manufactured materials and workmanship.
What services does Bio-Microbics offer to the design and installation of commercial systems?
Bio-Microbics provides CAD drawings of our systems and products, Installation/Service/Owner’s Manuals, plus Field Services and telephone consultation, if desired. Bio-Microbics Distributors’ technicians are trained on FAST® and BioBarrier® residential and commercial systems in concrete, steel, fiberglass, plastic, or any other watertight-type tank; and will be responsible for the final inspection and start-up of all our systems. If you would like the contact of a Distributor near you, please contact us at email@example.com.
What assures my Bio-Microbics system runs smoothly?
The simple-in-design, self-cleaning/regulating Bio-Microbics systems are designed to treat wastewater without operators or any supervision. Our innovative wastewater technologies provides:
- Proven Track Record – From the first system (MarineFAST installed in 1969) to now, over 50,000+ systems installed in over 60 countries
- Highest Quality Effluent – first to receive NSF/ANSI Standard 350, class R (Water Reuse) certification (BioBarrier® MBR)
- Nitrification/Denitrification Capability – MicroFAST® and BioBarrier® MBR systems are NSF/ANSI Standard 245 (nitrogen reduction) certified
- Consistent High Level Treatment – whether domestic strength or high strength wastewater, our non-corresponsive components; one moving part (the long-life blower); and self-cleaning media promotes full treatment capability in less than 2 weeks from start-up
- The most combined Awards, Certifications, and Approvals than any other in the industry! Certifications Page
- Environmental Protection Agency-Environmental Technology Verified (EPA-ETV)
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) International Certified (500 gpd-1500 gpd)
- European Union Standards (EN-12566-3) Certified
- Technology Innovation Awards (Frost & Sullivan)
- IAPMO (International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials) Listed
- GreenSpec Listed for BuildingGreen.com
- Water/Wastewater Technology Merit Award (Environmental Business Journal-EBJ)
- New Product of the Year (Environmental Protection Magazine-EPOnline)
- …and more!
What is the S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program?
The S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program is a 1-Year Money-Back Warranty. By installing our RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement to biologically-failed septic systems, this Prevention-Remediation program provides homeowners peace of mind by offering a MONEY-BACK warranty. If, after one year from the date of installation, the RetroFAST® does not remediate the existing failed septic system; the owner is entitled to the refund amount of RetroFAST system. Click here for more Program details.