S.O.S.—Save Our Septic® Program
REMEDIATION or your money back!
How can we help “Save Your Septic”?
The S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program provides homeowners peace of mind when upgrading biologically failed septic systems and to prevent future failures. With the RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement, fix or prevent:
- Soggy Lawns
- Foul Odors
- Plumbing Backups
Guaranteed or your money back! Whether due to age or site issues, the S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program identifies an existing septic system’s biological failing situation. Under this program, we are offering a MONEY-BACK warranty. If after one (1) year from the date of startup date, the RetroFAST® Septic System Enhancement does not eliminate the symptoms of the biologically failed system; the owner is entitled to the refund amount of the entire RetroFAST® system.
Why did my Septic System fail?
There could be many reasons why your septic system failed, such as overuse, underuse, age, improper sizing, additives, etc.
With only 15-20% of the treatment occurring in the tank in a conventional septic system, the rest is reliant on the drainfield.
Furthermore, the untreated water contains an abundance of nitrogen (which promotes the growth of algae and other unwanted autotrophic organisms).
Over time, this combination can build a slimy, biomat layer clogging the trench forcing the water to the surface.
Certified Water (blackwater/greywater) Recycling technologies that combat drought-ridden and water scarce-prone areas.
Bio-Microbics focuses on providing advanced, wastewater treatment systems that are design efficient and support sustainable construction goals for resilient homes or long-term performance of buildings.
The EPA-ETV verified RetroFAST® septic system enhancement consistently deliver high levels of treatment (90-95%) in the tank and provide dissolved oxygen (DO) to the drainfield without the use of costly chemicals or additives.
The Fixed Integrated Treatment Technology (FITT™) of the FAST® process creates optimal contact between the incoming waste, free oxygen, and biomass. This allows FAST® to maximize pollutant reduction.
The dissolved oxygen and highly treated effluent into the failed disposal field to aid in digesting the excessive biomat.
With the biomat diminished and the drain field rejuvenated, the soil is free to accept future septic effluent and extend the life of the drain field.
The rise in demand for sustainable technologies to the world’s water needs, green-building incentives, changes in regulations, water shortages, and the rising cost of water have all become principal drivers towards the sustainable water, wastewater, greywater, and stormwater treatment solutions. Upgrading an existing septic tank not only extends the life of the drain field, but also enhances property value for implementing advanced wastewater treatment strategies.
These advanced, onsite wastewater treatment systems are designed specifically treat all the blackwater (toilets/kitchen sinks) and grey water (sinks, showers, washers, etc.) generated from single-family homes to other larger, multi-family residential and commercial properties that far exceed typical effluent requirements. In addition, the treatment quality from Bio-Microbics systems can meet onsite applications and project goals to alleviate the need for a drain field, overcome land constraints, protect ground/surface waters, help conserve natural resources or ideal for environmentally sensitive applications.
Bio-Microbics is not alone; our growing network of dedicated distributors and their skilled employees share our emphasis on improving worldwide water quality and are ready to help with localized services including assistance in construction, installation, regulatory, service/maintenance, consultation and training, and accessory products. In over 70 countries, our Distributors typically specializes in the following water and wastewater consulting activities:
– Process control and troubleshooting
– Pilot plants and treatment studies
– Regulatory compliance and permits
– Water and wastewater start-up services
– Collection system infiltration-inflow studies
– Sampling and analysis
– Distribution and collection system engineering
– Operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals
– Emergency response plans
– Reliability studies and general plans
– Facility planning
– Water reuse applications
– Biosolids management solutions
Local Regulations & Technical Downloads
- DOWNLOAD the SOS-Save Our Septic® Program Brochure.
[FINAL TECHNICAL REPORT Demonstration Project] Remediation of over 25 OWTS near Table Rock Lake (Missouri) and influencing numerous installers and homeowners to seek advanced OWTS options: http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/septic/upload/tablerock_report.pdf
Onsite wastewater treatment systems are more and more in use in suburbs and rural areas. Local regulations require that systems be certified to ensure the protection and preservation of the public’s health and the environment. Our Bio-Microbics FAST® (submerged, attached growth bioreactors), SeptiTech® STAAR™ (trickling filter), BioBarrier® (membrane bioreactors), and RollsAIR® (extended aeration) treatment technologies provide countless solutions for small decentralized treatment from single-family homes to large commercial and small municipality facilities flows of 150 gpd to 1 million gpd. The Bio-Microbics BioBarrier® MBR system (the first “wastewater” treatment system certified for Water Reuse, NSF/ANSI 350!) can compete economically with secondary treatment technologies in the market. Other Reports can be obtained:
- NSF® (National Sanitation Foundation International)/ANSI® (American National Standards Institute) Std 40, Class 1, a 6-month (26-week) test. Class I systems must achieve a 30-day average effluent quality of 25 mg/L CBOD5 and 30 mg/L TSS or less, and pH 6.0-9.0.: http://www.nsf.org/consumer-resources/green-living/wastewater-treatment-system-alternatives/residential-wastewater-treatment-systems.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 245, Nitrogen Reduction, defines total nitrogen reduction requirements to meet the growing demand for nutrient reduction in coastal areas and sensitive environments: http://www.nsf.org/services/by-industry/water-wastewater/onsite-wastewater/nitrogen-reduction.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 350, Class R (Water Reuse), NSF 350 is a water (health) standard, not a wastewater treatment standard with a pass/fail criteria: http://www.nsf.org/services/by-industry/water-wastewater/onsite-wastewater/onsite-reuse-water-treatment-systems. The BioBarrier system had test results that were non-detectable CBOD5 and TSS; turbidity of 0.25 NTU; and E. Coli of 1.3 MPN/100 ml.
- EN-12566-3, Europe Union, Packaged and/or site assembled domestic wastewater treatment plants for up to 50 People, tested conform the EU Norm EN 12566-3 by PIA in Aachen (Germany) with the percentage reduction of influent pollutants. During the 38-week test the BioBarrier performed the following levels: COD reduction 97.2%, BOD reduction 98.9%, Suspended Solids reduction 99.8%, NH4-N reduction 96.2%, fecal coliforms 99.9%.
- Compliance with Canadian National Standards and BNQ (Bureau de Normalisation du Québec) Test, Canada, Installations must comply with the Q-2, r.22 regulation in accordance with NQ 3680-910 standard
The use of these certifying bodies helps to open new markets and instill confidence that newer technologies are in fact better than current methodologies. With tens of thousands of installations all over the world, the FAST® technology is used successfully in municipal, industrial, marine, commercial and residential type applications for over 35 years. When you buy our advanced Wastewater or Stormwater treatment products, you get the support of a valuable team.
To contact a local Bio-Microbics distributor, email email@example.com or have any questions about the S.O.S.-Save Our Septic® Program, please call at 1-800-753-FAST (3278) for further assistance.