Why Can’t WasteWater Treatment Be Simple?
Quality of life is measured by the quality of the water.
Click on Tabs to learn more!
BIO-MICROBICS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
While there are several “schools of thought” when it comes to the containment, dilution, gray-water-only, or partial treatment of wastewater, it is noted that these conventional methods and old technologies have underperformed and do not offer much in the way of better water management.
Our innovative, proven, certified technologies meet stringent treatment needs for complete treatment of all the blackwater (domestic and high strength), graywater, and/or types of drainage water generated at the source(s); as such offer opportunities for upgrading failing systems, groundwater recharge, small lots, waterfront properties, make difficult sites usable, or onsite water reuse applications.
For residential, community, and commercial properties focused on ways to save, treat, and transport water to where they really need it, onsite wastewater treatment and “Water Reuse Systems” are implemented as an integrated water management system for green-building construction; and, in drought-prone areas of the world, are mandating it.
Because of the environmental benefits, stringent regulations, and potential incentives that accrue, using treated wastewater as an alternate water source is a better on-site water management system.
- Residential Wastewater – A popular alternative to conventional septic systems, our products are sure to meet any of your residential needs. Our residential and small wastewater treatment systems are designed for new construction and retrofitting projects to upgrade or replace failed septic systems. A popular alternative to conventional septic systems, our products are sure to meet any of your residential needs. See the brief description below to see which product fits.
- Community Wastewater – Provides innovative, affordable alternatives to a centralized wastewater plant. Bio-Microbics Residential Community and Large Wastewater Treatment Systems provide small communities, subdivisions, apartment buildings and other clustered residential developments with innovative, affordable alternatives to a centralized wastewater plant.
- Commercial Wastewater – Offers versatility and consistent high performance for properties with high strength wastewater. Commercial & High-Strength Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Stormwater Treatment – Our Storm Water Treatment and Sediment Filtration Systems removes trash/debris, sediment, oil, and other common pollutants from flows. Whether water originates from precipitation or enters the system from dry weather events or other sources, our stormwater treatment system treats surface runoff containing trash/debris, sediment, oil, and other pollutants from stormwater flows.
“Celebrating 20 years of Better Water for a Better World!”
- 2017 North American “Integrated Water Treatment Technology Leadership” Award, Frost & Sullivan
- 2017 Top 10 Green Building Products, BuildingGreen, Inc.– d-Rain Joint™ Device
- 2016 President’s “E Star” Award & 2012 President’s “E” Award for Excellence in Exports, granted by President of the United States, presented by US Dept of Commerce
- 2015 Ingenuity Award Winner, Ingenuity Central @ K-State Olathe, Ingenuity Central (IC) showcases innovative companies that exemplify the newest thinking driving our community & growing our economy.
- 2015 Innovation in Marine Environmental Technology Offshore Excellence Award, based on the environmental impact of marine sanitation devices and technology.
- 2014 “BEST of GreenBuild” Editor’s Choice Award, U.S. Builders Review, “Creating Better Water Treatment Solutions for a Better World…” article.
- 2011 Technology Innovation Award (Decentralized Commercial Outlets) – Frost & Sullivan – FAST® Technology
- 2011 New Product of the Year Award – Recycling Category. Environmental Protection Magazine (EPonline.com) “The financial, environmental and social benefits of ‘recycling’ are indisputable.” – BioBarrier® MBR Technology
- 2011 Kansas Governor’s Exporter of the Year – presented by the Governor of KS, KS Dept. of Commerce
- 2010 North American Technology Innovation Award (Water/Wastewater) – Frost & Sullivan – FAST® Technology
- 2009 Technology Merit Business Achievement Award, Water/Wastewater – Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) – BioBarrier® MBR Technology
- 2002 U.S. Export Achievement Certificate, US Dept. of Commerce, US & Foreign Commercial Service
- 2000 U.S. EPA Environmental Technology Innovator Award – U.S. EPA, Region 1 – SeptiTech® Technology
The rise in demand for sustainable technologies to the world’s water needs, green-building incentives, changes in regulations, water shortages, and the rising cost of water have all become principal drivers towards the sustainable water, wastewater, greywater, and stormwater treatment solutions. A decentralized wastewater treatment plant allows communities to remotely treat wastewater to high standards, thereby alleviating the need for expanding centralized sewage systems and long distance pipelines, which can be disruptive and costly.
These advanced, onsite wastewater treatment systems are designed specifically treat all the blackwater (toilets/kitchen sinks) and grey water (sinks, showers, washers, etc.) generated from single-family homes to other larger, multi-family residential and commercial properties that far exceed typical effluent requirements. In addition, the treatment quality from Bio-Microbics systems can meet onsite applications and project goals to alleviate the need for a drainfield, overcome land constraints, protect ground/surface waters, help conserve natural resources or ideal for environmentally sensitive applications.
Bio-Microbics wastewater and stormwater treatment systems can compete economically with other filtration and secondary treatment technologies when consistent nitrogen and phosphorous removal is required, or the water is typically difficult to treat (i.e. higher organic loading from commercial properties or contains fats, oils, and grease, etc.). Other applications include, but not limited to winery wastewater (averages ~7700 mg/l BOD5 – 35 times stronger than domestic wastewater); other commercial-type applications: food service, resorts, camps, service sections, manufacturing plants, restaurants, business parks, etc.; sediment, grit, oil, and litter/trash/debris control from storm water runoff; and Water Reuse applications that require NSF/ANSI Standard 350 certification.
Bio-Microbics is not alone; our growing network of dedicated distributors and their skilled employees share our emphasis on improving worldwide water quality and are ready to help with localized services including assistance in construction, installation, regulatory, service/maintenance, consultation and training, and accessory products. In over 70 countries, our Distributors typically specializes in the following water and wastewater consulting activities:
– Process control and troubleshooting
– Pilot plants and treatment studies
– Regulatory compliance and permits
– Water and wastewater start-up services
– Collection system infiltration-inflow studies
– Sampling and analysis
– Distribution and collection system engineering
– Operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals
– Emergency response plans
– Reliability studies and general plans
– Facility planning
– Water reuse applications
– Biosolids management solutions
Onsite wastewater treatment systems are more and more in use in suburbs and rural areas. Local regulations require that systems be certified to ensure the protection and preservation of the public’s health and the environment. Our Bio-Microbics FAST® (submerged, attached growth bioreactors), SeptiTech® STAAR™ (trickling filter), BioBarrier® (membrane bioreactors), and RollsAIR® (extended aeration) treatment technologies provide countless solutions for small decentralized treatment from single-family homes to large commercial and small municipality facilities flows of 150 gpd to 1 million gpd. The Bio-Microbics BioBarrier® MBR system (the first “wastewater” treatment system certified for Water Reuse, NSF/ANSI 350!) can compete economically with secondary treatment technologies in the market.
- NSF® (National Sanitation Foundation International)/ANSI® (American National Standards Institute) Std 40, Class 1, a 6-month (26-week) test. Class I systems must achieve a 30-day average effluent quality of 25 mg/L CBOD5 and 30 mg/L TSS or less, and pH 6.0-9.0.: http://www.nsf.org/consumer-resources/green-living/wastewater-treatment-system-alternatives/residential-wastewater-treatment-systems.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 245, Nitrogen Reduction, defines total nitrogen reduction requirements to meet the growing demand for nutrient reduction in coastal areas and sensitive environments: http://www.nsf.org/services/by-industry/water-wastewater/onsite-wastewater/nitrogen-reduction.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 350, Class R (Water Reuse), NSF 350 is a water (health) standard, not a wastewater treatment standard with a pass/fail criteria: http://www.nsf.org/services/by-industry/water-wastewater/onsite-wastewater/onsite-reuse-water-treatment-systems. The BioBarrier system had test results that were non-detectable CBOD5 and TSS; turbidity of 0.25 NTU; and E. Coli of 1.3 MPN/100 ml.
- EN-12566-3, Europe Union, Packaged and/or site assembled domestic wastewater treatment plants for up to 50 People, tested conform the EU Norm EN 12566-3 by PIA in Aachen (Germany) with the percentage reduction of influent pollutants. During the 38-week test the BioBarrier performed the following levels: COD reduction 97.2%, BOD reduction 98.9%, Suspended Solids reduction 99.8%, NH4-N reduction 96.2%, fecal coliforms 99.9%.
- Compliance with Canadian National Standards and BNQ (Bureau de Normalisation du Québec) Test, Canada, Installations must comply with the Q-2, r.22 regulation in accordance with NQ 3680-910 standard
The use of these certifying bodies helps to open new markets and instill confidence that newer technologies are in fact better than current methodologies. With tens of thousands of installations all over the world, the FAST® technology is used successfully in municipal, industrial, marine, commercial and residential type applications for over 35 years. When you buy our advanced Wastewater or Stormwater treatment products, you get the support of a valuable team.
Contact us TODAY to find a distributor in your area!
Check out our S.O.S-Save Our Septic® Program for remediation of a biologically-failed septic system.
If you’re looking for a Distributor in your area or would like to become a Distributor/Dealer yourself, please contact the Sales Team at email@example.com.