Why Choose MarineFAST®?
MarineFAST®Systems are commonly referred to as a Type II (two) MSD biological (aerobic digestion) treatment system. The Type II MSD systems are powerful, flow-through discharge devices and tested in conditions described in 33 CFR 159.121.
These devices do a better job of treating the waste and produce effluent having a fecal coliform bacteria count no greater than 200/100 milliliters, with suspended solids no greater than 150 milligrams/liter. All FAST® units are fully certified by USCG under U.S. and IMO regulations.
The first installation of a FAST® system was 1969 aboard a river tugboat, M/V Missouri. Originally developed as a solution for the changing regulations aboard vessels and the Clean Water Act of 1972, this sparked a full-scale production of the FAST® family of products. From this interesting beginning, tens of thousands of installations of FAST® systems are now operating quietly in Residential, Commercial, Municipal, Industrial, and marine properties and applications located around the world.
As a fixed-film integrated treatment technology system, MarineFAST®’s unique and patented process is the result of many years of research, and continuous service. Microorganisms normally found in sewage grow on fixed Media in an oxygen-rich environment and use incoming sewage as food. The process produces a clear, odorless effluent in one step.
Benefits of MarineFAST®
- Natural Biological Process. The most widely used method of sewage treatment in the world! It is economical, reliable, and effective.
- Superior Technology. “Fixed Integrated Treatment Technology” (FITT™) approved for both marine and land use.
- No Adjustments. Self-regulating, it handles surges, overloads, and light loads without problems.
- Flexible. Handles any combination of fresh water or seawater sewage. MarineFAST® works equally well in fresh, salt or brackish water, and accommodates rapid changes in salinity associated with coastal sailing.
- Compact/Lightweight. Typically half the operating weight of competing units.
- Operator Friendly. Simple and rugged, does not depend upon the skill of the operator.
- Corrosion-Resistant. Will not rust or degrade in seawater.
- Proven. Since 1969, approximately tens of thousands FAST® Systems have been delivered. Virtually all remain in everyday operation.
- Certified. A FAST® system will keep you in compliance worldwide. FAST® Systems can meet the most stringent standards worldwide.
- Easy Maintenance. Clogging is practically impossible. The Media never requires replacement. The only maintenance is adding chlorine tablets.
- Universally Adaptable. A wide variety of disinfection methods and accessories are available to meet your particular treatment requirements.
Simply the Best
FAST® (MicroFAST®, RetroFAST®, HighStrengthFAST®, NitriFAST®, MyFAST® and MarineFAST®) systems are inherently self-regulating, with no adjustments required. The ratio of microorganisms to sewage is much higher than in extended aeration systems. This “fly-wheel effect” permits the FAST® process to handle the wide variations in loading typical of service. Surge loads at change of watch and temporary changes do not adversely affect effluent quality. And, the performance of the MarineFAST® system is not dependent on the skill of the operator.
The water in the Media Tank is clear because the microbial culture is attached to the Media rather than being kept in suspension, as is done in extended aeration systems. Additionally, MarineFAST® does not require a separate clarifier or settling tank, thereby eliminating the serious operating problems associated with clarifiers, such as variable effluent quality, periodic foul odors and the need for frequent adjustments.
Inside each FAST® system is a unique, aerobic, attached-growth process. Microorganisms normally found in sewage become “fixed” or attached to stationary media where the abundant, diverse and self-regulating population of microbes consistently digests incoming waste. This process allows each FAST® system to handle wide variations in loading that are typical with service. FAST® also accepts and treats any combination of sewage, including: conventional and vacuum toilets, laundry, garbage disposals and showers.
Our experienced engineering staff will be pleased to assist you in selecting the best treatment and transfer system; and help you bring your project into compliance and keep it there at the lowest total cost.